Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Broken Oven Story



So, I broke the oven door. I'll admit it - it was my fault. It just wouldn't open one night when I was making dinner and, since the dinner was inside the oven, I had to really pull hard on the door when it wouldn't open.

So, I figured I'd call Sears since I know they will repair any appliance, even if it wasn't purchased through Sears. Since we're renting our house, I have no idea where the owner purchased the oven - I only know that it was new when we moved in 2 years ago. Which doesn't explain why it broke already!

Anyway, it was a Sunday night and I knew Sears wasn't opened to call to make the appointment so I tried going online and see if I could make the appointment that way. Well, voila! I was able to go through the whole process online including listing the make and model of the oven, what was wrong with it, and the date I wanted the repairman to come to my house.

Now, it's Thursday morning and I'm waiting for the Sears man to come. They're scheduled to be here between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. It's 10:30 and no one's come yet. More about what happens next in my next blog.

No comments: