Friday, September 25, 2009

Calendars/Date Books/PDA's ....Use What Works Best for You


Whether you use an electronic or paper planner, make sure you make the most of it. Use the notes section to make to-do lists, list important items that need to be accomplished within a specific time period. Make a habit of looking at your planner each evening before going to bed to make sure nothing gets forgotten for the next day.

And most of all, use only one planner. Don't keep both an electronic and paper planner or multiple calendars scattered around the house or office.

Keep your planner clutter free. Avoid keeping loose papers or sticky notes inside your planner. Transfer data from those notes onto the appropriate pages in your planner.

Be honest with yourself and use the planner type that works best for you. I like the monthly planners where you can see the whole month at once. This works best for me when making future plans or appointments. No surprises when the whole month is staring you in the face.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My most difficult thing is keeping just one planner, as you advise. I like the electronic one for when I'm out and about, but the paper monthly one is what I use at school. At least I'm now using my wall calendars for their simple beauty, and not as places to write down appointments.